Narcotic Detection Dogs
Trained to detect 5 basic scents
Narcotic Detection Dogs (NDD) are K9 dogs trained to detect 5 basic narcotic scents: Marijuana, Cocaine, Methamphetamine, Heroin, MDMA (Ecstasy). Randy Police Dogs trains these Single Purpose Dogs to do this at check points, cargo area, special events, combat zones etc. Dogs used can be from different breeds. Mostly shepherds and hunting dogs.
For more about KNPV Dogs, click here:
Pointing the nose in the direction of the narcotics
Our Narcotic Detection Dogs are trained in several areas. In buildings, cars, boxes, luggages and open areas. When they find the scent they are searching for they respond with a passive sit or down position and point with their nose in the direction of the scent.
Narcotic Detection Dogs (NDD)
Narcotic Detection Dogs are more or less the same as Explosive Detection Dogs. Except that they are trained on a different scent. Generally speaking, an Explosive Detection Dog (EDD) is slower and more intense when searching than a Narcotic Detection Dog (NDD).
Highly specialized dogs
Randy Police Dogs is a professional company offering NDD dogs trained in our own training center. We work in close colaboration with both the police and other security companies and know exactly what a narcotic dog should be able to do. Our dogs:
- Can trace the smallest amounts of a vapor and trace it back to the source
- Have an olfactory sensitivity that stands out compared to many other dogs
- Have a much faster speed of detecting a vapor than other dogs
- Are flexible because they can be used in all kinds of settings without any additional training
- Can detect different types of narcotics all in one go
- Can search both small and large areas without touching the source